Thursday 13 November 2014

Astra Militarum Vs. The Lost and the Dammned.. which codex to use?

Ok so another brainstorming post here but something that I have been contemplating about a lot with the new IA 13 book released:

Which codex should YOU use?

Now bear in mind I have not read much upon the latest IA 13 book, but will be getting it later in the future :)

Ok so before IA 13 came out we did have traitor guard in 6th ed.... Well sort of as you could ally them as conveniant with CSM.. and wernt they were beutiful to see :D Basikisks alongside Defilers, Ogryns fighting with Terminators, etc, etc. It was a good day to see both on the field..

Then 7th ed came and we "lost" out conveniant BFF's, but we did get Daemonology.. which whilst noce for use power hungry CSM, did recieve a shed ton of flame for..

Now IA 13 has came out and with that we got... something truely unique...

Now I would like to say here that Unique is not a bad thing. Unique is awesome in 40k because now we have something truely tasteful. Its not a Carbon Copy of Astra yet from bits Ive read it not a terrible list as well, which I like.. A lot.

Now from what I've read here and there we don't get Manticores or Deathstrike missiles anymore (Which I personally believe was a missed oppurtunity, because I always thought of it to be comical to have "the big nuke" with the chair-swiveling evil villian demanding one million dollars with his little finger, but I digress) but we do get one unit which brings a smile upon any grizzled vets face... The Griffon :D

For those who don't know the Griffon was a nice, tidy unit that had a good big gun that ignored cover saves as a large blast and had a decent Str and AP..

Its always nice to get missed units like that back I always thought :)

We also got extra.. more fun units like Mutant Overlords.. something I will instantly try out as I love the idea and conversion oppurtunities :)

So back to Astra with all this IA goodness for the Traitors why should you go Astra?

Well for one you get Pask.. Pask is one of the best units alive in 40k imho..

Secondly you get Orders.. which are insane in the context of combos you can pull off with it :D

and lastly? Tempestus Sicons.. those models are badass :)

So I guess my question to you all budding Hereteks is which codex will you use? Astra Militarum? or The Lost and the Damnned?

Personally I will be using both.. I will use IA 13 first and foremost, but if my opponent becomes painfully agitated by that decision then I would choose the Astra Codex..

anyho, brainstorm complete, so this is The Warp Forge, signing out and remember... Keep On Forging!

No comments:

Post a Comment